Updated: Nov 15, 2019
In this policy we describe our privacy and data protection practices. We want you to understand our practices, and we want to provide you with tools necessary for you to communicate your choices regarding the collection and handling of certain categories of information that we collect about you.
Who we are and what we do
QuanticMind Inc. (“QuanticMind”) operates a website at www.quanticmind.com (the “Site”). Our postal address is 400 Concar Drive, San Mateo, CA 94402.
The Site describes our products and services, and our operations. In addition, from the Site, through a special access reserved to registered individuals, QuanticMind provides a web-based online advertising management platform that contains analytics applications (“Application”). The Application helps companies (“Customers”) analyze the traffic patterns on their website, so that they can optimize their spending on advertisements and improve their sales resulting from online searches and online browsing.
The Application is used to analyze how individuals arrive on a webpage offered by that Customer, what they do after they landed on that page, or how they engage with the advertising campaigns being displayed on their computer, smartphone, tablet or other device (“Device”) when they use the Customer’s website, or click on advertisements for Customer products or services that have been placed on third parties’ websites.
We collect information from different sources. We collect information about (i) the visitors of our own Site, and (ii) the visitors of our Customers’ websites (a “Customer’s Website”). We collect this information in different manners and for different purposes. Below we describe our privacy policies with respect to both the information we collect from visitors of our Site and from visitors of our Customers’ Websites.
For ease of use of this document, certain terms have been associated with the specific meaning provided below.
“Advertiser” is a company that advertises its products or services, or those of its clients, using online capabilities. For example, in this context, a retail store that advertises its clothing or an artist that advertises her paintings are advertisers.
“Business User” is an individual who uses the QuanticMind Services on behalf of a Customer as an employee, agent, or owner of the Customer.
“Personal Data” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
“Promotion” is a survey, contest, webcast, or promotion that we organize alone or in cooperation with a business partner.
“Publisher” is an entity that provides a medium or vehicle for the publication of certain information; for example, search engine, display marketing services and social networks are publishers.
“QuanticMind Services” is the proprietary platform we developed to enable measuring, managing, and optimizing digital marketing campaigns.
“Registered User” is an individual who has provided their contact information to use in order to receive content from us, such as a white paper or a newsletter.
“User” is an individual who uses our Site or a Customer’s Website. A User can be a Visitor, a Registered User or a Business User.
“Visitor Data” means data about a Visitor’s use of a Customer’s Website or that are generated by, or result from, a visit of that Customer’s Website.
II. Visiting a Customer’s Website
In addition, in certain instances, we also collect information about your visit to that Customer’s Website, without attempting to identify you, for the purpose of analyzing which online advertising placed by our Customer produced business value for our Customer, and how you reached specific pages of our Customer’s Website.
The policies and practices that apply to our collection of data from our Customers’ Websites are described below. To complete our analysis of each user’s visit to our Customer’s Website, we use information collected from cookies and tags, as explained in our cookie disclosure below.
A. The QuanticMind Services
- Nature of the QuanticMind Services – The QuanticMind Services provide the ability to process large amounts of data regarding unidentified individuals – or individuals whose identity would be very difficult to determine — in order to identify trends. This information allows our Customers to measure, analyze, evaluate, manage, execute, and optimize their digital marketing campaigns.
For example, a business that uses QuanticMind Services to compare whether associating a certain keyword to an item (for example “white shirts”) leads to a larger number of sales of that item, or increases the number of visits to the webpage where that item is displayed, than if the item had been associated with a different keyword. Or, a business will find out that those who purchase a certain item (for example, blue shirts) are more likely to purchase another item at the same time (for example, black belts). Having analyzed this information, the business will in turn decide to modify its advertising or marketing strategy, for example, by purchasing advertising space associated with certain keywords, such as “blue shirts” and “black belts” rather than other keywords (for example, “dress shirts” or “fashion accessories”).
- How is Visitor Data Collected – When an individual visits a Customer Website, this visit generates Visitor Data, such as the IP address of the Visitor’s Device, whether the Visitor conducted a search before landing on a specific website, the nature of the search conducted (e.g. what keywords were used, or whether the Visitor clicked on a link), or whether the Visitor made a purchase.
This Visitor Data is obtained in one of two ways. Customers can upload into the QuanticMind Services the Visitor Data that they have obtained through their own source (e.g. their own proprietary tracking tool, or a third party’s tracking tool). Alternatively, they can use the Visitor Data that have been collected from their website through our Application. In both cases, the QuanticMind Services will receive (a) data collected by the publishers (for example, search engine, display marketing, social networks), such as information about the cost of advertising certain goods through their platform; and (b) data collected by the Advertisers (for example, department store), such as information about the revenue generated by visits to their website by “logical users,” i.e. people who are identified with a user ID number, but whose identity is not known.
- How the Analyses are Created – Using proprietary technology and other technology, the QuanticMind Services organize the Visitor Data, and map the combined results of the analysis of each Visitor’s behavior. Each Customer then uses the QuanticMind Services to analyze the success rate associated to a particular link, advertisement, or search term, produce statistical information, analyze trends, compare costs, or generate other reports that it uses to manage and optimize its digital marketing campaigns.
- How Tracking Technology Works – When an individual visits a website, a tracking tool (ours or a third party’s tracking application) collects the IP address and the activities of that Visitor, for example on which links the Visitor clicks, whether the Visitor makes purchases, what keyword the Visitor used in order to identify the item(s) viewed, etc.
The tracking application generates a unique user ID – for example, a user ID associated to the collected IP address – in order to identify a device or entry point. This unique user ID is used to identify a “logical user” or “unique user.” In most cases, the unique user ID cannot, by itself, identify a specific individual, for example because many individuals share the same device or entry point (e.g., a household, or a cybercafé), or because a portion of the IP address has been truncated.
B. What Visitor Data We Collect and How We Collect This Data
The Visitor Data that are uploaded in the QuanticMind Services comes from two sources. They have been collected directly by the Customer, associated to the user IDs chosen by the Customer or they have been collected directly by QuanticMind on behalf of the Customer.
- If our Customer uses our Application – If our Customer uses our Application, the Application automatically collects on behalf of our Customer (i) data automatically sent by each Visitor’s Device’s browser, and (i) data collected through cookies and tags, as described below in Section VIII.
- From a Visitor’s Browser – The collected Visitor Data, which are provided automatically by the browser, includes the following:
- The URL of the page of the Customer Site that the Visitor is currently visiting;
- The URL of the website that the Visitor was viewing before landing on the Customer Website (also called the “referring URL”);
- The time and date of the current visit to the Customer Website;
- The Visitor’s Device IP address;
- The operating system of the Device that the Visitor is using (for example, Apple IOS); and
- The type of browser, and browser version, of the Device that the Visitor is using.
- What we do not Collect – We do not intentionally collect data that might reveal a person’s race, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, health or sexual preferences, precise geographical location, credit card numbers or financial data. If we find out that our cookies and tags have inadvertently collected this data, and that this data is linked to a specific individual (through reasonably available means), we will promptly delete the data or make it inaccessible by third parties, as applicable. If you discover that we have obtained such data, please alert us as soon as possible at email@example.com and request that we delete it from our systems.
C. How We Use the Visitor Data We Collect from our Customers’ Websites
Visitor Data that have been uploaded onto the QuanticMind Services are used and compiled to create analyses and reports. These analyses are based on aggregated data. Since the data are aggregated, they cannot be used to identify a specific Visitor.
- Analytics of a Specific Customer’s Visitor Data – Each Customer uses the QuanticMind Services to produce reports that help evaluate the success rate of its own digital marketing or advertising campaign, such as whether and to what extent the content of some pages of its website is of interest to its Visitors.
These analyses and reports are created by using Visitor Data in the aggregate, in order to determine trends. The analysis does not focus on the specific taste, interest, preferences, or profile of a particular customer. Instead, it focuses on the behavior or interest of all Visitors or a group of Visitors (e.g. Visitors from a particular geographic area).
- What we do NOT do – We do not use Visitor Data for our own purpose, other than in aggregate form, and for creating industry reports as described in the next section. Further, each Customer is only allowed to access or use the Visitor Data that are associated with that Customer’s own website, and is not permitted to access or use the Visitor Data that result from a Visitor’s use of a third party’s website.
We do not share with, or disclose, report, transfer, or deliver to a Customer any Visitor Information that is specific to a particular individual. All information about the use of a Customer Site is provided to the Customer only in aggregated form.
D. Visitors’ Rights
We respect the privacy of the Visitors to our Customer Websites. To this end, we identify below the privacy choices that these Visitors have with respect to the QuanticMind cookies and other technologies that are installed by QuanticMind or on its behalf on Customer Websites.
While we have tried to provide all the tools necessary so that individuals can manage their personal data without interaction with us, you may prefer to interact directly with us. You can contact us at any time with your questions or requests for assistance. Please refer to the How to contact us section below.
- Accessing, Changing, or Deleting Visitor Data – When performing our services, we do not collect data that can be linked to an individual, and does not attempt to link Visitor Data to a specific individual. If, nevertheless, a Visitor believes that we have collected Visitor Data that pertains to this Visitor or from which the Visitor can be identified, and the Visitor wishes to have access to this data, we will exercise reasonable efforts to retrieve this data.
Please be aware that this retrieval or any further action with respect to these Visitor Data might be time consuming or difficult, and the burden or expense of retrieving the data requested might be disproportionate to the benefit that you would receive from having access to this Visitor Data. In this case, we will need to charge a fee commensurate with the effort required, in order for us to provide access to the data requested.
III. Visiting the QuanticMind Website
When you visit the QuanticMind website, at www.quanticmind.com, or when you communicate with us, or receive our newsletters and other mailings, we collect certain information about you. We do so in order to analyze what features of our website or communications interest you the most, and in order to better and more efficiently market our suite of products and services to you and other visitors of our website.
The policies and practices that apply to your interaction with us through our Site or other communications are described below.
- Users of the Site;
- Business Users of the QuanticMind Services, and
- Any individual with whom we interact through telephone, correspondence, or electronic communications, newsletters, interviews, surveys, contents, trade shows, or promotions.
C. What Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect different types of information from or through the QuanticMind Service. The legal bases for QuanticMind’s processing of personal data are primarily that the processing is necessary for providing the QuanticMind Service in accordance with our Terms of Service and that the processing is carried out in QuanticMind’s legitimate interests, which are further explained in the section “How We Use the Information We Collect” of this Policy. We may also process data upon your consent, asking for it as appropriate.
- User-provided Information. When a User uses the QuanticMind Service, the User provides, and we will collect, Personal Data. Examples of Personal Data include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal Data also includes other information, such as geographic area or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You provide us with Personal Data in various ways on the QuanticMind Service. For example, when you register for an account, use the QuanticMind Service, or send us customer service -related requests.
- “Automatically Collected” Information. When a User uses the QuanticMind Service, we automatically record certain information from the User’s device by using various types of technology, including cookies, “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information includes IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after using the Service, the pages or other content the User views or interacts with on the QuanticMind Service, and the dates and times of the visit, access, or use of the QuanticMind Service. We also use these technologies to collect information regarding a Visitor or User’s interaction with email messages, such as whether the User opens, clicks on, or forwards a message. This information is gathered from all Users. Visitors who reside in the EEA have additional rights, as described in our Cookie Notice.
- Information from Other Sources. We obtain information, including Personal Data, from third parties and sources other than the QuanticMind Service, such as our partners, advertisers, credit rating agencies, and Integrated Services. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Data that we collect through the QuanticMind Service, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.
- If you Contact us – We keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, the purpose of your contacting us, and our interaction with you if you contact us for any purpose.
- If you Visit our Site – We collect information about your device. This information is automatically provided by your browser. This includes device information (type of device, operating system version, unique device identifier, browser type and version, and mobile network information) or log information (IP address, screen resolution, and referring domain).
- When you Meet with us at Trade Shows and Other Events – We collect your contact details, record your questions or requests about our products or services, information about your background or your company, and how we followed-up, if you visit our booth at a trade show, you meet with our representatives at a networking event, or you participate in a survey or promotion. We assume that if you come to visit with us and provide us with your contact information, it is with the intent that we communicate with you about our products or services.
- Other Sources – We also obtain Personal Data from affiliated entities, business partners, publicly available databases, and other independent third-party sources and add it to our contact database for marketing and sales purposes to combine it with other information that we have collected or obtained otherwise who have represented to us that they have the right to share this information. This includes phone number, email address, title, or company. When dealing with a paying customer, we may also obtain credit checks from credit reporting agencies or similar information for use in making credit decisions.
D. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information that we collect in a variety of ways in providing the QuanticMind Service and operating our business, including the following:
- Operations. We use the information to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the QuanticMind Service, to provide the services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to users of the QuanticMind Service.
- Improvements. We use the information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the QuanticMind Service, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality.
- Communications. We use a User’s email address or other information to contact that User (i) for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to the Personal Data posted on the QuanticMind Service or (ii) with updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
We take measures to protect the technical information collected by our use of Google Analytics. The data collected will only be used on a need to know basis to resolve technical issues, administer the Site and identify visitor preferences; but in this case, the data will be in non-identifiable form. We do not use any of this information to identify Users.
IV. To Whom We Disclose Information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not intentionally disclose the Personal Data that we collect or store on the QuanticMind Service to third parties without the consent of the applicable User. We disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
A. Service Providers
We work with third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties have access to, or process Personal Data as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information and to not use the information for purposes other than those specifically prescribed by QuanticMind.
B. Non Personally Identifiable Information
We will make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our Users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, and/or functionality available through the QuanticMind Service.
C. Law Enforcement, Legal Process and Compliance
We disclose Personal Data or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a facially valid court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
We also reserve the right to disclose Personal Data or other information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the QuanticMind Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the QuanticMind Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights, enforce our contracts, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
D. Change of Ownership
V. Your Choices
A. Access, Correction, Deletion
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the Personal Data that you have provided through your use of the QuanticMind Services. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Data we hold about you, or to request that we delete or transfer any information about you that we have obtained from an Integrated Service, you may contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database.
You may update, correct, or delete your account information and preferences at any time by accessing your account settings page on the QuanticMind Service. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the QuanticMind Service.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact QuanticMind’s Data Protection Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
Users who are in the EEA have additional rights, please see Section XVII for further information.
B. Navigation Information
You may opt out from the collection of navigation information about your visit to the Site by Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-out feature.
C. Opting out from Commercial Communications
If you receive commercial emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or by sending an email to the address provided in the “How to Contact Us” section.
Users are able to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that they receive from us by accessing the “Account functionality” tab on the QuanticMind Service.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your request. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the QuanticMind Service.
D. Rights Regarding Cookies
VI. Third-Party Services
The QuanticMind Service contains features or links to web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the QuanticMind Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the QuanticMind Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
VII. Interest Based Advertising
Interest based advertising is the collection of data from different sources and across different platforms in order to predict an individual’s preferences or interest and to deliver to that individual, or his/her computer, smart phone or tablet, advertising based on his/her assumed preference or interest inferred from the collection of data pertaining to that individual or others who have a similar profile or similar interests.
We work with a variety of third parties to attempt to understand the profiles of the individuals who are most likely to be interested in QuanticMinds’ products or services so that we can send them promotional emails, or serve our advertisements to them on the websites and mobile apps of other entities.
These third parties include: (a) advertising networks, which collect information about a person’s interests when that person views or interacts with one of their advertisements; (2) attribution partners, which measure the effectiveness of certain advertisements; and (3) business partners, which collect information when a person views or interacts with one of their advertisements.
In collaboration with these third parties, we collect information about our customers, prospects and other individuals over time and across different platforms when they use these platforms or interact with them to the extent permitted by applicable law. Individuals submit information directly on our Site or on platforms run by third parties, or by interacting with us, our advertisements, or emails they receive from us or from third parties. We use special tools that are commonly used for this purpose, such as cookies, beacons, pixels, tags, mobile advertising IDs, flash cookies, and similar technologies to the extent permitted by applicable laws. We have access to databases of information collected by our business partners.
The information we or third party collect enables us to learn what purchases the person made, what ads or content the person sees, on which ads or links the person clicks, and other actions that the person takes on our Site, or in response to our emails, or when visiting or using third parties’ platforms.
We, or the third parties with which we work, use the information collected as described above to understand the various activities and behaviors of our customers, Site visitors and others. We, or these third parties, do this for many reasons, including: to recognize new or past visitors to our Site; to present more personalized content; to provide more useful and relevant ads – for example, if we know what ads you are shown we can try not to show you the same ones repeatedly; to identify visitors across devices, sales channels, third party websites and Sites, or to display or send personalized or targeted ads and other custom content that is more focused on a person’s perceived interest in products or services similar to those that we offer.
Our interest-based ads are served to you in emails or on third-party platforms. We serve these ads about our products or services or send commercial communications directly ourselves or through these third parties to the extent permitted by law.Visitors may opt out of receiving interest based advertising by advertising networks that are delivered to them on our platform and other websites by visiting the following websites: http://www.aboutads.info/consumers; and http://www.networkadvertising.org. These features will opt a visitor out of many – but not all – of the interest-based advertising activities in which we or third parties engage.
The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your interests or preferences so that they can display advertisements or promotional material on this Site and on other sites across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
The business partners and advertising networks that serve interest-based advertisements on the Services have limited access to a small amount of information about your profile and your device, which is necessary to serve you advertisements that are tailored to your apparent interests. It is possible that they reuse this small amount of information on other sites or services.
We do not share with these third parties any information that would readily identify you (such as email address); however, these third parties will have access to information about your device (such as IP or MAC address). We do not have access to, or control over, the technologies that these third parties use to collect information about your interests, and the information practices of these third parties are not covered by this Privacy Notice. Other than as discussed in this document, we have no control over these third parties.
B. The Following Types of Cookies Are Used in the Site:
- strictly necessary/essential cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor.
- performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- functionality cookies – These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect will be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- profiling cookies – These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
C. The Following Cookies are Used in the Site:
|split_tests||1||1 year||Helps to remember which version of the page to show to visitor|
|Amplitude||amplitude_idquanticmind.com||2||10 years||Helps to identify sessions of visitors|
|Drift||__d_mkto||2||2 years||This cookie is a marker that Drift has captured the Marketo tracking cookie.|
|Drift||DFTT_END_USER_PREV_BOOTSTRAPPED||2||2 years||This cookie marks when the Drift site visitor has been created within the Drift system.|
|Drift||DFTT_LEAD_HAS_PREV_IDENTIFIED||2||2 years||This cookie marks when the Drift site visitor has provided their email address to Drift.|
|Drift||driftt_aid||3||2 years||Allows Drift to remember the information you provided through the chat on subsequent site visits.|
|Drift||driftt_sid||3||30 minutes||Enables session-specific features, such as popping up a messaging only once during a 30 minute session as to prevent a disruptive experience.|
|Drift||driftt_wmd||3||2 years||This cookie marks when the Drift welcome message has been interacted with. It is used so the welcome message is not displayed subsequently.|
|FullStory||fs_uid||2||100+ years||Helps to identify sessions of visitors|
|Google Analytics||__utma||2||2 years||Helps to identify sessions of visitors|
|Google Analytics||__utmb||2||30 minutes||Helps to identify new visitors to the Site|
|Google Analytics||__utmc||2||session||Helps to identify new visitors to the Site|
|Google Analytics||__utmt||2||10 minutes||Helps to throttle traffic rate for Google servers|
|Google Analytics||__utmz||2||2 years||Helps to identify the traffic source of visitors|
|Google Analytics||_ga||2||2 years||Helps to identify sessions of visitors|
|Google Analytics||_gat||2||10 minutes||Helps to throttle traffic rate for Google servers|
|Google DoubleClick||__ar_v4||2||5 years||Helps with tracking conversion rates for ads|
|Linkedin Bizo||_bizo_bzid||2||1 day||Helps to identify visitors for ad retargeting purposes|
|office365.quanticmind.com||office-company-domain||1||session||Helps to identify the user's active company|
|office365.quanticmind.com||office-saved-emails||2||1 minute||Helps to identify which emails are linked to QuanticMind|
|office365.quanticmind.com||office-user-id||1||session||Helps to identify the active user|
|QuanticMind||has_account||3||1 year||Helps to make clear whether the visitor has an account with QuanticMind|
|QuanticMind||pd_account||3||1 year||Helps to remember information about visitor QuanticMind account|
|QuanticMind||pd_android-banner||3||1 year||Helps to remember that visitor has seen the android banner|
|QuanticMind||pd_language_selection||3||1 year||Helps to remember preferred language selection of the visitor|
|QuanticMind||pd_referrer||1||1 year||Helps to identify the referrer and landing page of visitors|
|QuanticMind||pd_referrer_session||1||session||Helps to identify the referrer and landing page of visitors|
|QuanticMind||quanticmind_trafficsource||1||1 year||Helps to identify the traffic source of visitors|
|Segment||ajs_anonymous_id||2||1 year||Helps to identify sessions of visitors|
|Segment||ajs_group_id||2||1 year||Helps to identify registered visitors by group|
|Segment||ajs_user_id||2||1 year||Helps to identify registered visitors|
|Zendesk||_help_center_session||2||session||Helps to identify new visitors|
|Zendesk||_zendesk_shared_session||2||session||Helps to identify new visitors|
To Control Profiling Cookies
Users of mobile device who do not want to receive interest-based advertising may opt-out in several ways.
To end all targeting on a mobile device immediately, turn on “Limit Ad Tracking” in the device settings.
To limit Ad Tracking on an Apple device: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074.
To limit Ad Tracking on an Android device: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922
Disabling or blocking cookies
You can also delete cookies at any time using the settings of your browser. Please review the “Help” section of your browser.
CAUTION: If you block or delete technical and/or function cookies used by the website, the website may become impossible to browse, certain services or functions of the Website may become unavailable or other malfunctions may occur. In this case, you may have to modify or manually enter some information or preferences every time you visit the Website.
To delete or disable Flash Cookies, please visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html
IX. Minors and Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. The QuanticMind Service is not directed to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Data has been collected on the QuanticMind Service from persons under 18 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 18 years of age has obtained an account on the QuanticMind Service, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s Personal Data from our systems.
X. Data Security
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Data in our possession. This includes, for example, firewalls, password protection and other access and authentication controls. We use SSL technology to encrypt data during transmission through public internet, and we also employ application-layer security features to further anonymize Personal Data.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the QuanticMind Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
XI. Data Retention
We only retain the Personal Data collected from a User for as long as the User’s account is active or otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as follows:
- the contents of closed accounts are deleted within 3 months of the date of closure;
- backups are kept for 3 months;
- billing information is retained for a period of 7 years
- information on legal transactions between a Business User and QuanticMind is retained for a period of 7 years
Although we allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain Personal Data, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the QuanticMind Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the QuanticMind Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the QuanticMind Service. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the QuanticMind Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
XIII. Limitation of Liability
We exercise reasonable efforts to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your personal data; however, transmissions protected by industry standard technology and administered by humans cannot be guaranteed to be secure. We will not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal data that occurs through no fault of QuanticMind including, but not limited to, errors in transmission, access to your account by anyone, uses of your user ID and password by a third party, your failure to comply with your security obligations, and the unauthorized acts of QuanticMind’s employees.
XIV. Rights of Individuals Located in California
A. Shine the Light
We will not share any Personal Data with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes to the extent prohibited by California law. If our practices change, we will do so in accordance with applicable laws and will notify you in advance.
B. Do Not Track
California law requires that operators of websites and online services disclose how they respond to a Do Not Track signal. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the website or online service that a user visits, indicating that the user does not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret Do Not Track signals, we do not currently respond to Do Not Track signal. We continue to work with the online industry to define a common understanding of how to treat Do Not Track signals.
In the meantime, you may opt out of receiving interest based advertising from advertising networks that are delivered on our platform and other websites by visiting the following websites. If you want to opt out of this online behavioral advertising, visit the following sites: http://www.aboutads.info/consumers and http://www.networkadvertising.org.
This will opt you out of many – but not all – of the interest-based advertising activities in which we or third parties engage. Choices you make may be browser and device specific. If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or a different computer or device, you may need to update your opt-out choices. Other third-party sites provide visitors with the ability to opt-out of receiving interest-based ads on their sites that you need to control through your settings on that Site. For example, to opt out of Google’s use of your online behavior for advertising purposes, visit Google’s Ad Settings page.
XV. International Data Transfers
The QuanticMind Service is hosted in the United States.
If you choose to use the QuanticMind Service from the European Economic Area or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you will be transferring your Personal Data outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing by our service providers listed in our Terms of Service. We may also transfer your data to the U.S. or other countries or regions that may not provide adequate protection of personal data
XVI. Legal Grounds for Processing European Economic Area User Data
The legal grounds on which we rely to process Personal Data of individuals in the European Economic Area, according to the purposes identified include the following:
XVII. Rights of Individuals Located in the European Economic Area
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants individuals who are in the European Union and European Economic Area (EU/EEA) the following rights, with some limitations. Users may contact us, at the address provided in the “How to Contact us” section below, to exercise any of those rights and we will respond with the requested action or information, or will let you know why that right does not apply to you.
1. Right Not to Provide Consent or to Withdraw Consent
We seek to rely on your consent in order to process certain personal data. Where we do so, you have the right not to provide your consent, and the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing conducted based on consent before its withdrawal.
2. Right of Access
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not we collect or process personal data concerning you and, if this is the case, you have the right to request a copy of such personal data in digital format.
3. Right of Rectification
You have the right to require that we correct any inaccurate personal data concerning you, and that we complete incomplete personal data.
4. Right of Erasure
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we erase personal data concerning you; for example, if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected.
5. Right to Restrict Processing
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of the personal data that we have collected about you; for example, where you believe that the personal data that hold about you is not accurate or lawfully held.
6. Right to Data Portability
In certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided us in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format, and the right to obtain that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
7. Right to Object to the Processing
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data.
8. Right to Object to the Processing for Direct Marketing Purposes
You have the right to request that we stop sending you marketing communications.
9. Right Not to be Subject to Decisions Based Solely on Automated Processing that Produce Legal Effects
In certain circumstances, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing – including profiling – that produces legal effects or similarly affects you.
10. Right to Complain to a Supervisory Authority
You have the right to lodge complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that our processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
If the complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through our internal process, or QuanticMind does not adequately respond to your question, please contact the San Francisco office of the American Arbitration Association, which will serve as a liaison with QuanticMind to resolve your concerns.
If arbitration is necessary, it will be conducted by telephone and email, and if it must be done in person, it will be conducted in a location mutually agreeable to both parties. The arbitration will be conducted by one arbitrator member of the American Arbitration Association, and under the rules of commercial arbitration of the American Arbitration Association. All decisions of the arbitrator will be final and binding on both parties and enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction.
XIX. Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we will update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the QuanticMind Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision, and will comply with applicable law. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
XX. How to Contact Us
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Data, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any concerns or complaints about this Policy or your Personal Data, you may contact our Data Protection Office by email at email@example.com.