Google Shopping is a challenging space with tons of upside. So what are the most important tactics and best practices to master this important e-commerce segment? We recommend checking our full eBook – a comprehensive reference that covers feed optimization, bidding, account structure, custom labels and much more.
If you work in retail or e-commerce, you already know that Google Shopping is a highly competitive space. You need your product listing ads (PLAs) to surface in the main carousel at the best possible bid level, while avoiding costly errors that could lead to double-charges, unlisted products or at absolute worst – the dreaded ban from Google.
To master PLAs for Google Shopping, it’s important to master:
- The basics – Review and master the basic functionality and components of Google Shopping campaigns, including bidding, data feeds, and account structure
- Data feeds and how to keep them clean – Master the art of keeping your data feed clean to avoid “phantom listings,” omitted products or Google bans.
- Feed optimization – Feed optimization is one of the most consistent ways to increase clicks and lower CPAs for your Google Shopping campaigns.
- Account structure – Strong account structure for Google Shopping is as simple as possible, and only as complex as it needs to be. Sound like a contradiction? Not necessarily. When running PLAs for Google Shopping, the road to the highest profit margins lies through granular breakouts for high-margin “VIP” items and exclusions for everything else.
- Bidding – If Google Shopping were a marriage, feed and bidding are arguably the two halves of the partnership. Mixed metaphors aside, a smart bidding policy maps to your account structure and emphasizes your highest-margin items to bring in the fattest margins.
- Custom Labels – These advanced tools for Google Shopping exist outside of your account structure and provide considerable flexibility for testing and metrics.
- Daily diagnostics and tracking – Once you’ve got the building blocks of Google Shopping figured out, it’s important to be able to monitor your Google Shopping campaigns day-to-day and quickly diagnose and resolve any issues.
These powerful strategies are all covered in our e-book, Become an Expert on Google Shopping. We invite you to download and explore this reference…and get an edge on your competitors!